Saturday, July 13, 2013

2013 MLB All-Star FanFest: Day 1

          I attended the MLB FanFest today and I have to tell you, I went to baseball heaven. Let me tell you the highlights and show you a few of the things I picked up along the way.

The first thing I did when I got inside was head straight for the Topps booth. I knew they had a special deal with the 2013 complete set (more on that in a moment) but I did not know about the wrapper redemption program. The program was basically that you had to open any three packs of Topps cards (Series One, Series Two, and Pro Debut included), turn them in to the booth, and receive one limited edition All-Star card of your choice. There were two Mets cards you could possibly receive so I bought six packs of cards to get two cards. I was completely ecstatic when the man handed me special David Wright and Matt Harvey.

I pulled three Mets: Noah Syndergaard, Wilmer Flores, and Luis Mateo.
As for the limited edition cards...

          I ended up taking advantage of the complete set deal and I walked out. With a David Wright All-Star patch card numbered to 150.

            Noah Syndergaard was signing autographs at the publications kiosk, and there was a sign saying he would only be signing All-Star programs. So I bought a program with Sydergaard on the cover for him to sign. I also got him to sign the card I had pulled out of the Pro Debut pack.
 
If you look closley, you can see the official MLB authentication stamps.                                                                                           

As I made my way around the Javits center, I noticed a booth with three players sitting at the table. When I moved closer I could see that the players were George Foster, Dagoberto 'Bert' Campanaris, and Rollie Fingers. Rollie Fingers! I couldnt pass up the opportunity to get a Hall of Fame autograph so I found myslf with this:



I snagged this awesome pin:





And before I left I picked up three relic cards






Thats a Sam Fuld auto, an Andre 'The Hawk' Dawson bat card, and an autographed card of former Met Chin-Lung Hu.

Overall it was a great day and I'll be back on Monday for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment